POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are strange : Re: People are strange Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are strange
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Mar 2009 08:45:28
Message: <49b128f8$1@news.povray.org>
>> This is where I mumble something about immitation being the more sincere
>> form of flattery or something...
>
> Or the fastest way to royally piss me off. lol! ;-)

That too...

>> As you may know, while I was at uni doing my BSc, I regularly had MSc
>> students that I'd never met before in my life wander up to me and ask in
>> broken English whether I could "fix their Java". I have no idea how the
>> hell they knew my name or my skill with Java...
>
> *head in hands* Oh god...yes I know what you mean...I have similar problems
> with my family, who usually won't even speak to me unless "the internet is
> broken" or some such nonsense.
> I typically end up explaining to them that they most probably have no
> business being even anywhere *near* a computer.

Buy the T-shirt: "No, I will NOT fix your computer. Go away before I
replace you with a Haskell one-liner."

> I feel to a degree that if you can't write a program (ANY program) you
> shouldn't be allowed to use one either. Thats how people end up doing
> retarded things like downloading "free" games/cursors until their computer
> takes 20min to boot and another 15 to get to the desktop once they type in
> their password (which is usually absent) because of the fact they have 3500
> or so adware, spyware, keyloggers, droppers, backdoors and whatnots
> cavorting about within their machine committing such vile and assorted
> programattic debaucheries that even Caligula would blush. *massive inhale*

Heh. I did see one computer that, no matter how many times I disinfected
it, next week it was infected again. I was astounded at how this could
be so.

While the owner wasn't that bright, I should perhaps point out that it
ha--WINDOWS ME!! NEED I SAY MORE?!

> Off to complete my compositional analysis of HR Gigers "The Spell
> IV"....damned classes...

I say "people are strange" and you start talking about *Giger*?!